Monday, June 30, 2008

nOOb

Being actually a newbie with the Visual Studio IDE I was wondering how to change my default application icon to a more favourable one... say.. nicer one. 'On with it!' I thought and sailed through the various searchengines and wondered about the great answers to the simple question:
'How can I change the shortcut icon for my Application in VS2005?'

My favourite:
Create a shortcut on Desktop and choose 'Change Icon' then choose the program you want the icon from.
The most harebrained:
Replacing the standard App.ico in the VS.
And the most obvious:
Go look in the Helpfile

And the easy one (really obtained through deduction from my Borland projects):
Go to the 'Project'-menu, choose '[Projectname] Properties' and behold the 'Application' Tab with the magic 'Resources' at the bottom, containing 'Icon'. Change that and you have a neato (or not so neato) shortcuticon :)

Prepare for more discoveries in the world of VS2005 and C# (I was looking for some decent examples for delegates... and oh boy, there are so many, yet so absolutely not-helping) :)

Bye

No comments: